Washington, D.C. | December 5, 2023 – The American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC) remains committed to protecting and advocating for the rights of the Arab American community. Now, more than ever, our work has never been more needed, as we confront the pressing challenges of rising hate and discrimination that demand a robust legal response to protect the rights and dignity of the Arab American community.
It is with urgency that we announce a crucial job opening within our organization – the position of Staff Attorney. There is an escalating need for legal support in the face of increasing challenges makes this role pivotal in our ongoing mission to combat prejudice and ensure justice for all.
Duties would include:
- Intakes: Conducting client intakes and follow ups
- Provide direct legal services to community members
- Pursue and/or support litigation in State and Federal court, where necessary, to achieve objectives
- Amicus Briefs: Assists with the research and writing of ADC Amicus Briefs
- Policy Work: Will assist in policy related matters when required
- Assist in developing strategies to grow the organization’s advocacy efforts on key policy issues
- Speak on behalf of the organization’s work in the media and other related opportunities
- Work jointly with key staff member to help develop and coordinate activities of the initiative regarding communications, policy advocacy, partnership alliances, and public engagement, and fundraising.
- Applicants must have a J.D. from an accredited university, and be barred in at least one jurisdiction
- Three to five years of relevant work experience as an attorney
- Experience working as an attorney on civil rights and immigration matters
- Experience and/or working knowledge of Civil Rights and Social Justice issues
- Supportive and committed to ADC’s mission
- Possesses excellent research and writing skills
- Understanding of issues impacting the Arab American community
- Understanding of the legislative and policy making process
To apply, please submit the following to the Attn. of Abed Ayoub at email@example.com:
- Cover Letter
- Resume/CV, including references
- Writing Sample