Wednesday, August 5, 2015
ADC Blog Posts
- Thursday, August 6th, 2015 is the 50th Anniversary of the enactment of the Voting Rights Act of 1965. Keep our democracy strong by helping people register to vote on August 6th. Learn more online here or here.
- Apply for U.S. Department of Justice Attorney General’s Honors Program and Summer Law Intern Program. Deadline is September 8, 2015. Click here for details.
- America’s Journey For Justice: NAACP and activists like you are coming together to embark on an 860-mile journey to show the entire nation our lives, votes, jobs, and schools matter. Click here for details.
- Thursday, August 6 in Los Angeles, CA: The 1965 Voting Rights Act 50th Anniversary Tribute and Call to Action Mass Meeting. Click here for details.
- Thursday, August 6, at 6:00PM-8:30PM in Sacramento, CA: Join the NAACP, Urban League and other civil rights organizations at the State Capital for a VRA Commemoration, “Candlelight” Vigil, and Voter Registration Event #soallcanvote. Click here for details.
- Friday, August 7th: Khalil Gibran’s “The Prophet” film opens in Theaters in Los Angeles. Click here for details.
D.C. Metro Area:
- August 6 at 9:00AM to 10:00AM in Washington, DC. The Cato institute presents, The Fight with ISIS: One Year (and Counting) of Unauthorized War. Featuring Sen. Tim Kaine (D-VA). Click here for details.
- Saturday, August 8 at 2:00PM in Miami, FL. The Southern Poverty Law Center presents a Film Screening: “Selma: The Bridge to the Ballot”. Click here for details.
- Thursday, August 6 at 12PM in New York City: Join the New York Coalition to Restore and Strengthen the VRA for a Voting Rights Act 50th Anniversary Day of Action in Foley Square. Click here for details.
- Friday, August 7th: Khalil Gibran’s “The Prophet” film opens in Theaters in New York. Click here for details.
Articles of Interest
Like ADC on Facebook
Support ADC | Become a Member | Facebook | Twitter | adc.org
ADC | 1990 M Street NW, Suite 610 | Washington, DC 20036 | (202) 244-2990 | email@example.com
You have received this email through your subscription to ADC’s email list.
If you did not subscribe, or would no longer like to receive email updates, unsubscribe here.
© 2015 ADC. All rights reserved.