Through the ADC website, www.adc.org, people can learn about Arab Americans and issues relevant to the community, as well as send messages to their elected representatives. The site averages well over one million hits per month and is ranked number one in Google for both "Arab American" and "discrimination." This internship will provide an empowering experience in grassroots, community and political organizing through the use of multimedia and the Internet.
The internship is full-time during the summer. The schedule is negotiable during the school year.
- Assisting the webmasters with work involving the administration and maintenance of the ADC national website.
- Monitoring and mobilize activists on projects, issues, action alerts, and campaigns through our extensive listserv.
- Helping to organize Internet workshops for our National Convention held each June. This includes researching and writing a manual for member use.
- Summer projects include creating a new website for the ADC Research Institute, updating the NAAA-ADC (Government Affairs affiliate) site, and working with advertisers and others to promote the ADC site and ADC activities.
- Computer knowledge (or willingness to learn) in such programs as HTML, SQL, Perl, Office, Photoshop, PHP, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash, and Frontpage
- Video editing knowledge.
- Great research, writing (particularly editing and proofreading), and oral skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to learn new tasks and tackle challenging projects.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Reliable and able to work independently
1990 M Street, NW Suite 610
Washington, DC 20036
Phone: (202) 244-2990