Immigration Re-Registration Reminder

The American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC) reminds all foreign national men who are currently in the United States and submitted to special call-in registration that the one year re-registration requirement is still in effect. Men who registered with US immigration authorities, during the special call-in registration program initiated in 2002, must return to their local immigration office to comply with the one-year re-registration requirement.
You must re-register with the local immigration office within ten days of the day you initially registered. For example, if you registered on November 15, 2002 you must report to the local immigration office between November 5, 2003 and November 25, 2003. This re-registration applies to men who are in the US and remained in the US for the entire year without leaving the country.
According to materials distributed by the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS) and obtained by ADC, those who left the US and returned at some point during the year, or those who are currently visiting the US and were registered at a port of entry, fall within the port of entry registration requirements. These requirments call for re-registeration between days 30 and 40 of their re-entering the US as well as at the one year anniversary of their re-entry registration. For example, if you returned to, or arrived in, the United States on October 10, 2003, you should appear at an immigration office between November 8, 2003, and November 18, 2003. Additionally, according to BCIS, if you remain in the US for the entire year, you would be required to re-appear at an immigration office between October 1, 2004 and October 20, 2004.
It is also important to remember that anyone who has been registered with immigration authorities, either domestically or at a port of entry, is required to go through a departure interview with an immigration officer at a designated point of departure when leaving the United States. All registration instructions and requirements (including designated ports of departure) are available at:
Please also note that all foreign nationals (including permanent residents holding a “green card”) living in the US, or visiting the US for longer than 30 days, are required by law to notify the local immigration office of any change of address within ten days. Notification should be done by using form AR-11, see instructions at:
It is important to consult with an immigration attorney if you have any questions about your immigration status or if you have questions about the issues raised in this message. Additional information may be obtained by reviewing the information located at:
or by contacting the ADC Legal Department via telephone: 202-244-2990, fax: 202-244-3196, or via email to: .

Scroll to Top