The American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC) invites you to join us for our 2016 National Convention: “Inspiring Change Through Action.”
When: September 29 – October 2, 2016
Where: Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in Washington, DC.
Come join us at the 2016 ADC Convention in the heart of Washington, DC! Hurry and take advantage of discounted registration packages and discounted hotel rates!
The convention is the perfect opportunity to support the important work of ADC while simultaneously reaching out to what is the largest annual gathering of Arab Americans and supporters. Come take advantage of a valuable opportunity to meet and network with active members of the community from across the country. This is an event for the entire family and a great way to educate the next generation about Arab American history, culture, politics and the future of the community.
The 2016 Convention will feature speakers, panelists, artists, and awardees who have taken action to promote and inspire positive change. Likewise, our convention panels, workshops, working lunches, and banquet dinners will focus on issues of importance to the Arab-American community, including civil and human rights. We will celebrate our achievements and discuss how we can take action to transform problematic issues into viable solutions.
Convention Panels and Workshops will cover the following topics:*
Thursday, Sept. 29th
- State Department Briefing
Friday, Sept. 30th
- Opening Plenary Session with Former and Current Congressional Members
- Combatting Election Rhetoric and Intimidation
- Grassroots Empowerment Luncheon
- Increasing Participation and Protecting Our Rights at the Polls
- First Amendment Issues on College Campuses: BDS and Canary Mission
- Dinner Celebrating the Life of Dr. Clovis Maksoud
Saturday, Oct. 1
- National Security Session
- Flying while Brown
- ADC Annual Civil Rights Luncheon
- The Growing State of Surveillance & the Fallacy of Protection
- American Values at a Crossroads: Examination of Immigration and Refugee Policy
- ADC Annual Gala Dinner
Sunday, Oct. 2
- General Assembly
- Humanitarian Crisis in Gaza
- Palestine Luncheon and Awards Ceremony
ADC would welcome your sponsorship, advertisement, and active participation in this year’s Convention. Please click here to view the sponsorship, exhibitor and advertising opportunities.
*Subject to Change