The Arab American Business Advisory Council, consisting of Arab American business owners and entrepreneurs from diverse industries, will provide expert advice on the needs of, serve as the public face for, and expand investments to the Arab American business community. The Council will have both internal and external functions.
- Internally, the Council will:
- Review the issues and emerging topics related to Arab American business development;
- Assess efforts by government to assist Arab American business enterprises; and
- Provide recommendations on how financial markets and institutions can better meet the business needs of the Arab American community.
- Externally, the Council will:
- Engage with federal, state, and local governmental partners to build effective services;
- Develop partnerships to provide certifications and access to bidding opportunities, laying the groundwork for more competitive contract proposals; and
- Leverage a network of established business owners to create and provide training, tools, and mentorships to emerging business owners and entrepreneurs.