Washington, DC | www.adc.org | March 28, 2018 | The U.S. House of Representatives is considering an anti-immigration and anti-family bill. The Securing America’s Future (SAF) Act (H.R. 4760) would:
- Eliminate the Diversity Visa Lottery
- Drastically cut family unification visas
- Authorize wasteful spending on a Border Wall
- Expand mandatory detention for undocumented immigrants
- Increase the deportation force
- Rescind crucial protections for individuals seeking refugee status or asylum
The SAF Act is fundamentally at odds with who we are as a nation. The Diversity Visa has enriched our culture by allowing historically excluded people into the country. Family unification maintains familial networks that support new immigrants. The hardline immigration enforcement is costly and unnecessary, and curtailing the civil rights and safe harbor of immigrants is simply un-American.
We stand against the SAF Act and demand Congress rejects this anti-immigration, anti-family bill.
Also, please tweet your representatives:
- [@Congressperson]: As my representative, I urge you to welcome immigrants by opposing H.R.4760 and any legislation that ends the Diversity Visa program #NoBanDVlottery2018 #HereToStay
- [@Congressperson]: The sanctity of family unity is a fundamental American value. We must oppose H.R.4760 and any legislation that seeks to undermine it. #NoBanDVlottery2018 #HereToStay
It’s imperative you take action!