The American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC) seeks a full-time Communications Coordinator to join the ADC National Office in Washington, D.C. The Communications Coordinator will help planning and executing the communications strategy of the organization and advance ADC issues through a wide range of media outlets. The ideal candidate will work collaboratively with the ADC team to accomplish goals and will have the capacity to thrive in a fast-paced atmosphere. The Communications Coordinator will report directly to the Executive Director of ADC.
About the Organization:
The American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC), which is non-profit, non-sectarian and non-partisan, is the largest grassroots Arab-American civil rights and civil liberties organization in the United States. It was founded in 1980 by former Senator James Abourezk. ADC protects civil rights, promotes mutual understanding, and preserves the cultural heritage of Arab Americans.
- Manage day-to-day communication programs and efforts of the organization, including leading on ADC Social Media and online engagement, and digital content creation.
- Responsible for the writing of press releases/advisories, public statements, and messaging documents for the organization.
- Will assist with fundraising appeals and membership drives.
- Participate in regular strategy sessions about organizing, legal, membership, development, and ADC initiatives; also assist chapters with communications.
- Introduce new and creative approaches designed to expand ADC’s name recognition and reach key audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or other applicable field.
- Strong proficiency with programs used to develop content and material. Experience with video production and editing preferred.
- At least two years of relevant work experience in communications. Prefer experience working in a non-profit setting.
- Ability to keep organized in a fast-paced environment, to manage several projects simultaneously, and to adjust to frequently changing demands.
- Candidate should possess knowledge of and commitment to social justice and civil rights issues that are of importance to ADC and the Arab American community.
- Excellent command of the English language, in both speaking and writing; ability to articulate ADC positions, strong ability to communicate in Arabic preferred.
- Self-confident, and ability to maintain balance and perspective at all times. Creative, result-oriented, self-starting, and willing to learn.
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary based on experience. Excellent benefits include paid vacation, medical, dental, vision and generous paid holidays.
Please send a cover letter (with salary requirements), resume, and two references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also mail a hard copy of the application to the address below. Please note that ADC is still operating virtually, and any receipt of hard mail may be delayed.
American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC)
1705 DeSales St., NW, Suite 500
Washington, D.C. 20036
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.