The American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC) is seeking an entry-level Staff Attorney support the ongoing work and mission of the organization. The Staff Attorney will play an integral part in advancing the mission and goals of the ADC Legal Department.
- Conducting client intakes and follow ups
- Casework – Responsible for their own cases under the direct supervision of ADC Legal Director
- Amicus Briefs: Assists with the research and writing of ADC Amicus Briefs in high profile cases
- Policy Work: Will assist in policy related matters when required
- Applicants must have a J.D. from an accredited university, and be barred in at least one jurisdiction
- A results-oriented self-starter who is supportive of and committed to the ADC mission.
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Understanding of issues impacting the Arab American community
- Understanding of the legislative and policy making process
- Experience with client intake
- Understanding of Constitutional law, immigration, international, human and civil rights clinical law
- Preferred candidate will have organizing experience and understanding of nonprofit culture
To apply please submit the following:
- Cover letter
- Resume/CV including references
- Writing sample
Please send completed application package via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that due to COVID delivery of mail has been extremely delayed, you are encouraged to submit your application via email.
If you cannot email, you can mail the completed application to:
Mr. Nabil Mohamed
1705 DeSales Road, NW, Suite 500
Washington, D.C. 20036
Salary is competitive and includes comprehensive health and benefits package